Denim Washing | Pumice Stone Characteristics
Pumice Stone :
Pumice stone is mostly used with enzyme and bleach wash. It creates more abrasion by continuously beating garments during machine running. Vintage look can be achieved by using pumice stone.
Characteristics of Pumice Stones:
- Found from volcanic explosion
- Light weight so floats on water
- Surface is rough
- Perforated surface
- Origin countries: USA, Indonesia, Turkey, Italy, Philippines etc.
- Turkey stones are white color and Indonesia stones are slightly brown color.
- Pumice stones can be used two or three times.
- Pumice stones are available in 3 sizes.
- Small size: 2-3 cm
- Medium size: 3-5 cm
- Large size: 5-7 cm Generally, 2-3 cm pumice stones are mostly used.
Chemical composition of Pumice stone :
|Silicon dioxide (SiO2)||71.75|
|Aluminium oxide (Al2O3)||12.33|
|Sodium oxide (Na2O)||3.59|
|Potassium oxide (K2O)||4.47|
|Ferrric oxide (Fe2O3)||1.98|
|Calcium oxide (CaO)||0.70|
|Magnesium oxide (MgO)||0.12|
|Sulphur trioxide (SO3)||0.18|